Inspirations from the Netherlands
- Art is supported by efficient special laws in the Netherlands. Institutional buildings should reserve a definite percentage of their budget for art. In return they get tax refunds or subsidiaries. This practice might inspire the situation in Turkey.
- Almost all municipalities/cities have an information center about urban & architectural issues such as Zuiderkerk in Amsterdam
- The number of publications on architecture in the Netherlands in ratio with the number of architects and the population of the country is considerably high.
- In the Netherlands, participation is a natural part of planning & urban design processes.
- There is a very strong institutional support for architecture and related fields. Dutch DFA (Design Fashion Architecture), Archined, NAi, and the Berlage Institute are the first ones to remember. A closer relation among these and similar institutions in Turkey could provide a lot of opportunities.
- Competition culture Efficiency