Plans for collaboration from the Turkish side
The plans and issues mentioned below came to light in interviews and conversations:
- Diyalog Dernegi - Thomas Busch and Sabine Kuper-Busch
Work with local communities, trainings
- Focus on areas where migrants come from who live now in The Netherlands: Konya or Kayseri (both in central Anatolia). Focus Istanbul-Ankara-Konya.
Give video workshops on education level.
- Anadolu Kultur – Osman Kavala
Works in Anatolia, intangible heritage
- Oral history project: story telling between Dutch and Turkish academics, series of interviews, but also to/via Germany, Greece.
Publication: children book and training.
On local level, in cities; good example is the exhibition at Deposu on ethnic communities and urban planning.
- Cekul – Ece Muftuoglu Narcy and Yonca Morali
Nature, culture and education: conservation, community, publications, training
Good examples: Project Respect to Sinan: inventory, website and map of important heritage sites, magazine publications, work in municipalities
- History Foundation (Tarih Vakfi) – Gürel Tüzün and Gamze Rezan Sarişen
Oral history archive, EU projects
Oral history project on Dutch who travelled to Turkey , and vice versa in the past 400 years: travellers, painters, etc.. Produce articles out of the stories and a publication.
- The Netherlands Consulate in Istanbul – Daniel Stork
Focus on different areas in Turkey or important heritage sites:
Antakia: oldest church and different ethnic communities;
Izmir: Dutch church, multicultural city
Matra flex: exchange of diplomatic officials (EVD)
- Bilgi University – Deniz Unsal
Exchange programmes, publications, contemporary art
Organise exchange of young professionals: starting point Dutch who travelled to Turkey in the 17th -19th century, they walked through the streets in Old Istanbul with a classical look; how did the urban planning change, views, perspectives: did Istanbul lost its 17th century look, is this a positive change, what were different travel routes? ;
Background info: stories of Dutch diaries;
In cooperation with the NIT for guest facilities;
Exhibition out of the material: but needs a coordinating curator, flexible so it can travel to Amsterdam as well.
- Netherlands Institute Turkey – Fokke Gerritsen, Charlie Smid, Funda Demir
Lectures, seminars, guest facilities
In cooperation with Bilgi University possible exchange programme
In cooperation with IISG (International Institute of Social History) and History Foundation an exhibition on forbidden documents (at IISG).