Grants for Syrian Artists in Turkey
For more than 30 years, the British Council has played a major role in building cultural bridges between the UK and Syria, and in supporting an active and pluralist arts scene in the country. This grants programme aims to build on that record by supporting the many Syrian artists who have been forced to leave Syria and continue their work outside the country.
Successful proposals will be selected based on how strongly they contribute to one or more of the following four core objectives of the programme:
• To advance contemporary forms of expression by supporting innovative Syrian artists.
• To raise awareness and solidarity among host populations or foreign audiences (e.g. the UK) regarding the experience of Syrian refugees.
• To record and preserve Syrian culture and/or the Syrian refugee experience.
• To develop networks or platforms that support and connect Syrian artists or Syrian refugee communities.
Conditions (among others) :
• Be a citizen, national or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the State of Syria;
• Be currently residing in one of the following countries: Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey or Iraq.
Deadline for applications : 20 January 2014.
For more information click here.